Click on the Client Area for free downloads related to the BRACE Character Profile® and the BRACE® Work Adjustment Profile. The following are also FREE downloads
- BRACE® Model (PDF)
The BRACE® Model (PDF) is an introduction to the Behavioral Relativity and Cognitive Economics model of basic human nature.
- Behavioral Relativity and Cognitive Economics (BRACE®) Applied to Understanding Criminal/Inmate Strategies and Tactics (PDF)
A 49 page MANUAL with over 24 graphics designed for staff training in behavior management and professional boundaries, stress prevention by increasing knowledge, and understanding the maladaptive strategies and tactics used by criminals/inmates to manipulate and motivate correctional staff and others who do or must care for them.
A 60 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation on the maladaptive strategies and tactics that criminals/inmates use to get what they want and to avoid what they do not want. The 60 slides include 16 basic strategies with 7 tactics each, for a total of 112 tactics.
- SOLOMON’S CRIME PREVENTION PACKAGE: Criminal Thinking and Criminal Conduct (PDF)
Solomon’s Crime Prevention Package: Character Development (subtitle) Criminal Thinking And Criminal Conduct uses a cognitive-behavioral model of human behavior, now known as BRACE® (Behavioral Relativity and Cognitive Economics), to compare and contrast the “character disorders” (i.e., the Simple, the Scorner, and the Foolish) presented by Solomon in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes with the personality disorders presented by modern psychiatry in DSM-IV™ (American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Association, 1994). Most of the material was originally presented at the 1996 convention of the Northamerican Association Of Masters In Psychology (NAMP) under the title Applied Behavioral Relativity: Personality Development ... (subtitle) Solomon VS DSM-IV or Solomon The Unknown Father Of Cognitive Behaviorism. This work contains 60 charts and graphics which allow complex material to be presented on different levels.
- BRACE® for Therapeutic Horticulture (PDF)
Combined with the BRACE® Work Adjustment Profile (available as a free download in the Client Area), BRACE for Therapeutic Horticulture bridges the gap between therapeutic horticulture and cognitive-behavioral treatment programs. This 47 page booklet has been used as a handout at several Horticulture conferences [Smith, RL. and Nicolle N. Nature’s Way: Therapeutic Horticulture (Behavioral Relativity + Horticulture) at the 13TH Annual Symposium of the Carolina Chapter of the American Horticulture Therapy Association (CCAHTA), at Caswell Beach, North Carolina on April 4, 2001. Smith, RL. and Nicolle N. Nature’s Way: Therapeutic Horticulture (Behavioral Relativity + Horticulture) at the 27TH Annual Conference of the National Association for Rural Mental Health (NARMH) at the Hilton Hotel in Wilmington, North Carolina on June 26, 2001]. It has been used as a staff training manual in several active treatment program environments (e.g., NCDOC Pender Correctional Institution Day Training Program) and is loaded with graphics and guidelines for reality orientation and therapeutic interaction.
- Based on DSM-IV-TR™ (American Psychiatric Association: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. Washington, DC, American Psychological Association, 2000), the following two PowerPoint presentations are designed for mental health and medical staff, particularly useful for residential mental health or outpatient treatment programs serving substance abuse or criminal justice populations:
Schizophrenia & Schizoaffective (PowerPoint)
295xx (20 slides) covers Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder
Factitious Disorder vs Malingering (PowerPoint)
300xx (8 slides) covers Factitious Disorder and Malingering
- THE REVELATION POEMS: An Interpretation of the Seven Seals (PDF)
This is an interpretation of the seven seals of the Authorized KJV of the Bible book of Revelation. It addresses basic human nature, the meaning of 666, the four horsemen of the apocalypse, etc. There are extensive Bible references.
- THE UNVEILING: Where the Black Horse Rides (PDF)
This work contains the complete text of the Authorized King James Version of the Bible book of THE REVELATION ... structured for study. The table of contents contains a unique descriptive analysis of each chapter.
- BAD GOTHIC POETRY: A Theist’s Dark Sayings (PDF)
The title says it all.
- The Eye of the Beholder (PDF)
The I of the Beholder is a short allegory about social order, value systems, and individuality.
- Smith’s Word Diet (PDF)
Smith’s Word Diet is a real diet with a money back guarantee to work, if you can follow it, after discussing it with your physician.
- School Shooters, Homegrown Terrorists and Palaces, Temples and Tombs (PDF)
An opinion article dated May 18, 2008.
- BRACE® Applied to the Prevention and Management of Self-Injurious Behavior (SIB) in a Jail or Prison Segregation Unit (PDF)
General information and interpersonal guidelines for staff training.
- BRACE® for Fantasy (PDF)
Describes how BRACE® defines fantasy ... the domain of imagination.
- Profiling Evil: Sadists, Psychopaths, Pedophiles, Habitual Felons, and Political Evil (PDF)
Defining Evil in operational terms, originally posted 02/27/2011 and 03/01/2011 in a blog at www.websleuths.com by Knot4u2no.
- Profiling Evil: Satan's BRACE Character Profile® (PDF)
The BRACE Character Profile® of Satan as presented in the King James Version of the Bible, originally posted 12/13/2005 in the BRACE section at www.deviantcrimes.com.
- The BRACE Character Profile® of the Occupiers of the Occupy Wall
Street Movement (OWSM) (PDF)
- Barack Hussein Obama II: The Content of His BRACE Character Profile® (PDF)